Dental Veneers are thin shells that are custom crafted and bonded to the surface of the teeth. Although they can be fabricated from different materials most often uses porcelain because of its durability and realistic appearance.
Porcelain Veneers is a popular dental treatment for:
- Repairing damaged, chipped, or cracked teeth that make you embarrassed to smile.
- Filling unsightly gaps and spaces between your teeth that make you self-conscious
- Covering severely stained or dark-colored teeth that look unsightly
- Making your teeth straight so your smile looks more appealing
- Whitening your teeth for a beautiful bright-white natural-looking smile
Veneers require minimal tooth preparation, relative to other cosmetic dental procedures, veneers can achieve outstanding improvements in color, alignment, size discrepancies, and general appearance.
Porcelain veneers are the more conservative alternative to dental crowns because the veneer requires less removal of the original surface of a tooth. Porcelain veneers, when prepared and applied properly, should not be noticeable to the naked eye. Upon completetion, the veneers should look and feel like real teeth and not appear to be bulky, opaque or thick.
We work with each patient to choose the ideal veneer color and shape to enhance your smile, without looking fake or unnatural.
Porcelain veneers are custom made and precisely fitted to your teeth and allow you to customize your smile exactly the way you want it. Your porcelain veneers will cover and repair any cracked or chipped teeth. If you have crooked or misaligned teeth, porcelain veneers can be used to improve their alignment, shape and appearance to give you a beautiful new smile. Veneers are resistant to staining and discoloring, and in most cases will be stronger than your original natural teeth.
Having a smile makeover with porcelain veneers usually only takes two office visits. Your veneers will be custom designed in a style and proportion that will fit your face, look completely natural, and give you a fabulous new smile you’ll be proud to show off.
- During your first visit we will prepare your teeth to receive the permanent veneers that will be fabricated by one of our amazing dental labs. You will leave that day with temporary restorations (made in our office) that look fantastic. They are only meant to last until your permanent veneers are ready. This normally takes about 4 weeks.
- During your second visit, your permanent dental veneers will be placed, and you will leave our dental office with a beautiful new smile! The improvement in your smile will be instant and dramatic.
Video of Dental Porcelain Veneers